Considering the A.P.B.T. Bully breed? We suggest a few thought before making your decision...
- Do you have adequate time to spend working with the dog?
- Do you have a home or access to a place that can provide the dog to get proper exercise daily, this is important in the life and development of the dog?
- To maintain a healthy and vibrant A.P.B.T. Bully, they require a good, high protein diet, we use half dry food and half raw food (chicken cuts, deer meat, rabbit, fish, calf liver, chicken hearts, etc…) with our dogs once they reach 6 months of age, a good quality dog food which would be grain free cost about $45.00 to $70.00 for a 28#-30# pound bag, this is not only important for proper muscle development, but more so for the health of the dog in general, especially its ability to mentally react, a healthy dog will be very mentally smart and very sharp concerning its environment.
- A good vet that is friendly and familiar with the A.P.B.T. Bully is also needful and can be difficult to find locally, driving may be necessary.
The size of our dogs varies, but what we strive to produce a dog consisting of the following:
- A height at shoulders between 16-18 inches max, 17 inches is our standard goal of a “standard” classified A.P.B.T. Bully.
- A weight consisting from 50-65 pounds with our females and a weight consisting from 60-85 pounds with our males.
- A head sizing from 20-22 inches with our females, and a head size ranging from 22-24 inches with our males.